Teacher and Student ServicesWelcome Ascension Parish Teachers! The Ascension Parish Library is pleased to offer a wide variety of resources to help you and your students in the classroom with an Ascension Parish library card. All teachers working in an Ascension Parish school are eligible for a library card.
- Research databases covering all major curriculum subjects, including history, English, literature, social studies, math, and science. Popular databases include:
- Biography Resource Center
- Infotrac Onefile
- Grolier Online
- Literature Resource Center
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center
- Access Science
- World Book Online Encyclopedia
- Classroom Presentations – The Ascension Parish Library’s Youth Services department offers a variety of classroom presentations for all grade levels. Common presentations include:
- Booktalks based on the genre the class is currently studying
- Presentations on using the Internet effectively for research papers and other class room assignments
- How to Do a Science Fair Project for students participating in science fair for the first time.
The library can also create a custom presentation for your classroom’s needs. Just call 647-3955 and ask to speak with the Youth Services Librarian.
- Library Card Sign-up – The Ascension Parish Library is happy to attend your Open House, Literacy Night, Book Fair or other event to promote reading and literacy. While there, the Ascension Parish Library can sign up parents and their children for library cards.
- Assignment Alert Form – Help us help your students by filling out our Assignment Alert Form. This form alerts the library of upcoming school assignments. This way, we can make sure the materials your students’ need are ready when they need them. Just click here [link] to fill out the form and submit it to us.
For more information on the library’s services for parish teachers and schools, please download our Teacher & Student Services brochure or call the Youth Services Librarian at 647-3955.